Pavement maintenance is important to any business or property. Every space should be welcoming and inviting to committed guests or potential customers. To maintain your pavement properly, you need to have a pavement maintenance plan in place.
Before constructing the plan, though, you must be careful to avoid four major pitfalls.
1. General Plan: The first problem that you could encounter is using a plan originally made for a different area. Your pavement is unique. The plan you choose should reflect the pavement you seek to maintain.
2. Outdated Plan: Similarly, plans created over ten years ago should no longer be used. A lot of things change in a decade, and your pavement maintenance plan should too.
3. Inaccurate Estimations: Often, managers do not correctly predict the budget necessary to enact the pavement maintenance plan. When money is short, people cut corners and do not carry through with the needed upkeep.
4. Novice Assistance: Lastly, avoid choosing helpers that are not of expert quality. Inexperienced workers may not correctly assess your property or determine what needs to be done, costing you more time and money.
Developing a Maintenance Plan
To construct the strategy that you will use to successfully maintain your pavement, you need to follow four easy steps.
1. Hire a professional. You must first find expert help. Specialists ensure that you cover everything that needs to be taken care of.
2. Inspect the property. The professional will walk the property with you to assess the age and condition of the pavement, checking for cracks, drainage issues, raveling, tripping hazards, and more.
3. Record findings. Next, you and the expert will note your discoveries and chart the condition of each area of the paved surface.
4. Address items in your plan. Lastly, the professional will sit down with you to create a maintenance plan that addresses issues found and preventative measures needed to avoid future problems.
Successfully maintain your pavement by contacting NVM Paving and Concrete, by calling (703) 372-9335 or sending an email to ma[email protected] to get a free estimate for your next project.