How Investing in Sealcoating Asphalt Saves You Money In The Long Run
How’s your parking lot looking? Are there a few cracks or potholes? Just wait another season or two and they will show up. Sealcoating your asphalt lot or drive may seem like an unnecessary expense, but the reality is that it saves you money over time.
Your asphalt is continually under assault from the following elements:
- Water enters tiny cracks in the asphalt and erodes the foundation underneath, causing the asphalt to collapse. Freezing and thawing cycles, common in the Baltimore/DC area, expedite the erosion as well.
- The sun draws the oils out of asphalt, reducing its flexibility. The now-brittle asphalt can no longer adjust to the weight of cars and cracks under use.
- Heavy traffic driving over tiny asphalt cracks worsens the formation of potholes.
- Sealcoating is a liquid protective layer spread over the top of your asphalt. It reduces the effects of water, the sun, and traffic. Depending upon the severity of weather and traffic conditions, it should be reapplied every one to three years.
The Benefits of Sealcoating
Maintaining your asphalt with a layer of sealcoating has many benefits for your facility, such as:
- It makes your asphalt look new again.
- There’s less damage to vehicles from potholes and asphalt cracks.
- It reduces your liability. Smooth asphalt causes fewer slips and falls.
- Your asphalt will last longer. Properly maintained asphalt can last as long as 30 years before it needs replacement.
- It provides the flexibility asphalt needs to handle traffic and foundation shifts.
Get in Touch
If you’d like your asphalt lot or drive to last longer, it’s time to talk to the pros at NVM Paving & Concrete. Call us at 703-426-2700 to learn more about sealcoating and how it can benefit your facility. We’re happy to provide a free estimate for your project.