Ensure Proper Asphalt Installation
Before clients make their way through your front door, you have already greeted them. Beyond welcome signs, employees, or any business dealings, you make visitors feel they are wanted by the appearance and functionality of your driveway and parking lot. A well-maintained, smooth, error-free drive and parking pad say volumes about your company. Considering that the Baltimore area is subject to the full range of four seasons of weather and we have constant, heavy traffic, there are many challenges to keeping driving and parking areas in pristine condition. One major factor in securing a lasting surface is ensuring the proper installation.
Eight Distinct Stages in Pavement Installation
There are step-by-step instructions that will make sure that your surface looks, performs, and lasts long term:
- Remove the previous surface. All vestiges of asphalt and other construction material must be discarded.
- Prep for drainage. The underlying earth must be smoothly graded for water runoff. Water pooling beneath the pavement is a primary cause of failure.
- Install the frost barrier. This sub-base is essential for temperature extremes.
- Verify the surface. We use heavy equipment to test the subsurface before proceeding.
- Pour the binder. This is a middle layer that seals the sub-base to the asphalt.
- Emplace the new asphalt layer. If done right, this layer will provide a smooth, lasting surface for vehicles and pedestrians.
- Install transitions. This involves making certain the newly paved area is connecting with roadways and other driving surfaces.
- Roll the surface. The newly installed asphalt surface is compacted.
NVM Is Ready to Make This Happen in Your Location
If you would like your driving and parking areas to be more inviting and safer for your customers as well as employees and other visitors, NVM Paving & Concrete can make it happen. Contact us today at (703) 426-2700, or visit our website.